Making My Younger Self Proud

  For my portrait series I chose to highlight the concept of making your younger self proud. I had my subjects dress in their college uniforms because as a child playing a sport the highest honor that seems achievable is playing your sport in college. At least for me it was my biggest dream and looking back on where I am now I know that my younger self would be so proud of me so that’s why this series was so important to me.

Lauren, Sophomore pitcher from Belleview Florida

Allie, Sophomore runner from McKenzie Tennessee

Maria, Sophomore outfielder from Jackson Tennessee 

Hunter, Sophomore pitcher from Morgantown Kentucky 

Kennedy, Senior first baseman from Chapel Hill Tennessee 

Alexis, 5th year Senior catcher from Mount Juliet Tennessee

To help convey the theme of joy and being proud of oneself I kept my images in color and had a warmer toned light to make sure their faces were warm and bright. I also decided to print off my throwback pictures in black and white to further push the narrative of that being where they started from. I cropped the photos just at their thighs as to not take too much away from the photo itself by having too much going on. I tried to keep poses simple by just holding two items that represent where they came from and where they are now. 

This is the lighting chart for how I set up for my portrait series. 

Comments

  1. This is such a cool idea. I think about this all the time...am I making my younger self proud? Really cool that you incorporated your own love for softball into this assignment. Would have been cool to see you play around with different lighting set ups but what you did was absolutely awesome! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job with your concept and the photos turned out amazing. The way you chose to set up the lights worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this is a reminder to yourself that you hope your younger self is proud. In your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool concept and great choice of back ground

    ReplyDelete
  5. This couldn't haven't been executed or done any better. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts