Depth of Field and Motion Study

Motion

  In the first four photos I played around with the action of capturing motion whether that be freezing it or just showing the motion itself. 

In this photo I wanted to capture the motion of the car driving past the school. I wanted to have the car with a blurred effect to make it more interesting than if it were just sitting still.

The next three photos are of my fiancé when he went to check the mail the other night when we got home. I wanted to freeze the simple task of just walking  up the driveway to make you kind of ask where is he headed.

In this photo he decided to pick up a stick and through it into the yard. It kind of encapsulates his ADHD into one picture haha. I thought it would be cool to freeze this motion since its not normally something that is captured. 

In this photo I had him jump and it gives the appearance that he is being abducted by aliens by the way his motion was frozen in the air and how his hand is going on his side. I also find it funny the way your face moves around as you jump and land.

Depth of Field

The next photos were my depth of field photos where I played around with pulling certain subject matters into and out of focus.
This first photo I was leaning out of my car taking a photo when I noticed my ring in the reflection of the mirror so I decided to shift my focus there. For me it kind of highlights what is to come and what I am leaving behind (that being the softball field behind me). 

In this photo I wanted to capture what we don't normally see in photos which is the person behind the camera. I really like this photo because of the way the sunset is drifting in behind me reflecting on to the side of my car.

In this photo I wanted to play with the depth of field of capturing the whole image but only having one object being super in focus. I really enjoy the way the wire blurs off of the screen as it becomes closer to us.

In this photo I thought it would be interesting to highlight the lightbulb considering it is clear and so that we could still get some information from the background. I really enjoy the light reflecting off of the building onto the light bulb to highlight the silhouette.



Comments

  1. I really like the depth and meaning of you first DOF picture. I turned out really well, and the meaning behind the picture really adds the overall mood you were going for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your light bulb photos. A small object like that is fun to play around with when it comes to light and depth of field. I also really like the photo of the camera in the mirror, it's always cool to add the effect of breaking the fourth wall

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts